Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Watery Wednesday


This is my photo for "watery Wednesday". Hubby actually took this pic on the "boys'" trip to Yellowstone, Wyoming in 2006. It is the Yellowstone River. I stayed at home since I couldn't take 5 days off school to go with them. It actually worked out better, since I did stay home. I adopted my second and third horses from a feedlot in Washington state, making our herd larger! My PMU (pregnant mare urine) gelding, Sunni, was my first horse that I rescued and Beauty and Gigondas were my second and third ones. So, by staying home and cruising the Internet, I saved two more lives! YEAH!

9 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful photo and it brings back a lot of memories as I think I remember this spot when hubby and I stopped to take photos of it.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I lover waterfalls and this is a beauty. Great entry for Watery Wednesday! :-)

BNS said...

That's very pretty. Kudos to your hubby for a nice shot. Happy Watery Wednesday.

The Right Blue

Carletta said...

Composition of the picture is very nice.
Glad you could follow your heart in obtaining the horses.

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a gorgeous fall of water! Stunning!

EG CameraGirl said...

I love the sound of water tumbling over rocks. Sounds like it was definitely worth staying home to save the horses!
Happy Watery Wednesday!

Unknown said...

He took an excellent photo.

Gill - That British Woman said...

excellent photo, another lover of waterfalls here.

Gill in Canada

Connie T. said...

That is a nice picture. Yellowstone has some beautiful watery places.