Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

photo for Watery Wednesday, October 22, 2008


I took this photo in 2006 at the Monterey Aquarium, in Monterey, CA. I liked it because the sunlight was shining down through the kelp, sending rays of light through the water. You can also see a school of small fish in the back.

9 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

Oooh, I love this. I like the rays shining through the water too. Great shot! :-)

DeniseinVA said...

A wonderful photo. I lived in Monterey for a little while but had to leave just before the opening of the aquarium. I have always wanted to go back and see it. One day hopefully :) Thanks for sharing such a beautiful photo.

Carletta said...

Beautiful!!
The light and rays are wonderful.

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice capture of light filtring through water. ;-)

Mary said...

This is beautiful with the light shining down on the water and kelp. Monterey has the most awesome aquarium! Only been there once, but loved it!

Aisha said...

Wow! Lovely reflection! :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

when you click on the photo to enlarge it you see the beautiful colours........

Gill in Canada

gone to the dogs said...

I found your blog through black box. I enjoyed looking at your beautiful pictures. thanks for sharing.

gone to the dogs said...

I found your blog through black box. I love your pictures. thanks for sharing.