Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"S" is for Sierras~ABC Wednesday, May 27, 2009






















Hubby and I always like to take off after school is out and this year we headed up to Northern California. We drove up 395, which runs right along the Sierra Nevada mountains. There was still snow on some of the mountains and this was mid-June! They are beautiful, young mountains! I would love to do some hiking in them sometime. If you stop in Bishop, there's a wonderful bakery there! Here's the link: http://www.erickschatsbakery.com/. They have delicious sandwiches and, for us, it is about halfway home! ABC Wednesday, May 27, 2009.

3 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Wonderful photos. Spectacular, awe-inspiring scenery.

Again, thank you on behalf of the Team.

Allison said...

You know how I feel about these mountains. Great, Great pictures. Are you coming this way this year?
Allison

Carol said...

Beautiful scenery..I remember it well. My husband and I are retired truckdrivers. I never felt I was working when in the West.

My Dad raced horses and Iworked with and raced them for 20 years. I hate housework too. Never minded cleaning the barn though.

www.wildlifearoundus.blogspot.com