Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mission San Luis Rey, Oceanside, CA~That's My World for 051909





































On my San Diego road trip this weekend, I wanted to stop by Mission San Luis Rey again. Located in Oceanside, CA, it is not far from the ranch my parents' owned when I was a kid. I took my husband to this mission a few years ago and I remembered how well kept it is. I love walking out through its cemetery. It is so calm and peaceful. Just what I needed after a long and busy week at school! Enjoy the pics. Mission San Luis Rey, That's My World for Tuesday, May 19, 2009.

6 comments:

Wolynski said...

So beautiful and peaceful. Lovely photos.

Arija said...

Sparklingly whitewashed, with clean lines, a beautiful place.

Elaine Dale said...

The mission is so lovely and crisp looking. Thanks for the tour.

Barb said...

Your architecture photos are wonderful. It looks like you were there on a windy day - those flags are fluttering!

Syaa_Fiqq said...

Lovely photos. They are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing..

Martha Z said...

Nice photos. This is one of many I have not visited. As a native Californian, I should start collecting missions.