Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Golf course lake~Watery Wednesday 031010




I woke up yesterday morning early enough to grab my camera and head out to take some photos before going to school. We have had a storm over the weekend (again...) and Monday morning, the desert was treated to fog. I wasn't sure WHAT I would find yesterday morning. It was windy all night and I didn't know if all the clouds would be gone. Turns out, our local mountains still had clouds on them and it was COLD and windy. It was so cold that morning recess was cancelled at school! I drove by one of my favorite golf course lakes, at Shadow Ridge, in Palm Desert, to take these pics. There weren't any ducks or geese on the lake and it was so windy the trees were leaning and the lake wasn't calm, but that's okay. By the weekend, we are expecting temps to climb up into the 80's! That's winter here in the desert! Watery Wednesday for March 10, 2010.

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

How pretty....I love seeing all the different layouts and designs of golf courses...takes a lot of know how and art to make them so pristine.

Here's Mine

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos for water Wednesday.