Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sierras in the Mist~SkyWatch Friday 021210


When hubby and I visited the Sierras in June of last year, we were surprised to see quite a bit of snow still on them. And, during that visit, we drove up the Tioga Pass road. By the time we got to the top of the pass, it was sleeting! I took this photo as we were driving up the pass. I like how the mountains are partly hidden by the mist and clouds. SkyWatch Friday for February 12, 2010. We are back in the Sierras, this time in winter, after a recent snow storm, but the weather is clear. I'll be posting pics as we continue on this trip. We aren't going up to Yosemite, like we did in June, but we are staying in Bishop.

1 comment:

Owlfarmer said...

Thanks for posting this nice shot--I do enjoy living vicariously through those who have the opportunity to visit my home valley (Owens) and mountain ranges. I look forward to seeing what you post on the trip.