Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Friday, July 24, 2009

End of the day~SkyWatch Friday, July 24, 2009







At the end of the day we arrived in Yosemite, we FINALLY made it from the eastern entrance to Merced. While driving down the hill from the park, we could see a gorgeous sunset beginning to take place. Several other cars had pulled over at a turnout and people there were also taking photos of the sunset. Isn't it pretty? SkyWatch Friday for July 24, 2009. Sorry about the utility lines! I don't usually take photos with them showing, but there just wasn't an opportunity to get around them. We were on a turnout with a fairly steep drop-off!

4 comments:

Historical sites with charmine said...

This is a beautiful sunset!I love your header pic too.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Your header/banner says it all; California has it all! Everyone loves a great sunset. Fun to think about the sun rising in NC and setting in CA for the USA! (very egocentric of us)!

Pollyanna said...

Beautiful photos. I was so captured by the sunset, I didn't even notice the telephone/electric lines until you pointed them out.

Please visit me: Picture This . . .

Anonymous said...

I do like those horses in the side bar. And I like your post for SkyWatch.Now, you and your friends can help me Make History. I am trying to see if it is possible to get 10,000 visitors in a short period of time on my new blog, Pick a Peck of Pixels. If you go there, please either become a Follower or leave a comment. You can come back each day to see and read something new. Your visit will count and help me Make History.
Pick a Peck of Pixels