Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Lone Pine and the Sierras~That's My World 010311






Hubby and I headed for the hills (the Sierra Nevadas) for a 3 day vacation during Christmas break. We decided to stay in Lone Pine, which is one of the towns at the south end of the Sierras. I woke up very early on our first morning there and walked across the highway (Highway 395). And, this is what I saw! It had snowed in the mountains the afternoon and night before, but on this morning, the sun was out and the wind was blowing. In fact, it was blowing the snow off the snowcapped mountains! Several people were out with me, with their cameras, taking photos, too! That's My World for Tuesday, January 4, 2011.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

What a beautiful world!