Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Desert clouds and fog~SkyWatch Friday 012210











Our desert and mountains have had 5 days of rain this week and are now completely saturated. It is so unusual to see low clouds on our local mountains that I headed out with my camera to see them. While this may be a common occurrance in some areas, it is, like I said, it is not a common occurrance in the desert southwest! Here are some pics from yesterday. SkyWatch Friday for January 22, 2010.




1 comment:

Powell River Books said...

You have had such strange and devastating weather lately. I lived in SoCal for over 50 years and don't remember too many long stretches of terrible storms. But at least you go some beauty in the end. - Margy