Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

mountains





























Above our desert, in mountains that rise over 10,000 feet, are some of the most pristine forests in Southern California, the San Jacinto mountains. The little town of Idyllwild is in these mountains. On the other side of the valley, Mt. Gorgonio rises over 11,000 feet and the towns of Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead lie there. I am most familiar with the San Jacinto mountains, since our horses are boarded about halfway up them. I drove up through Garner Valley, near where I took the pics of the little yellow flowers, and drove off road through dirt roads to see the beauty that the mountains offered. And, I wasn't disappointed...enjoy! These beautiful trees are only about 30 minutes up the road from the desert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pine cones under the tree in the 1st photo look so much bigger than ours here.