Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Christmas in Napa Valley











We sometimes spend Christmas in the Napa Valley. My sister-in-law lives there and, if she's home, we drive up to see her. The vineyards of Napa look so different in the winter. Their leaves are red, if the vines have any at all! There might still be some withered grapes on the vines, but they are resting. The valleys are lush and green. It is a quiet time for the vineyards and a time for us to get together with our family members who are so far away. Sometimes we get together at Burgess Cellars for a family dinner.

3 comments:

me said...

I came here via Black Box, your photos are amazing. I will be checking back to see what you come up with next.

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Black box brought me here!
Beautiful pictures

me said...

ummm Black Boxes seems to want me to stay here...