Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

"B" is for Bishop, CA~Sunday Stills Challenge 050910











We love driving through the eastern Sierra and stopping in Bishop, CA. Our favorite restaurant and BAKERY is there~~Erich Schatts~~and believe me, it has many other fans! We try to avoid it right at noon, as the place is packed! We usually buy our sandwiches and head down the road to eat them. It is the largest town among those who line Highway 395, which goes from north of Hesperia (that's where we get on it) all the way to northern California. The New York Times has an interesting article on Bishop and its surrounding areas (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/07/travel/07owens.html?scp=1&sq=bishop,%20ca&st=cse), if you want to read it during your Sunday morning newspaper time. Here are some of my favorite photos from Bishop. We've traveled to the Sierras and Bishop three times in the last year...once in June of 2009, once in August, and then during the Presidents' Day 4 day weekend in February (that's where the snow pics were from)...We LOVE the Sierras! We are heading back in June as soon as school is out for the summer and believe me, I can't WAIT!!!! Sunday Stills Challenge for May 9, 2010.

5 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

The scenery is so fresh and clean looking so unlike where I live...Michelle

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That sure looks like a lot of snow! Beautiful mountains!!

Amy said...

That bakery is amazing, always a place that I have to stop at when I drive up that way. The 395 is an amazing road; I've only been up a couple of times and am hoping to do it again this summer.

Sandy Trefger said...

Very lovely!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a beautiful area:)