Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pinyon and snow~That's My World 122909





























I frequently stop at a dirt road which is about halfway up our local mountains, between our home and where I board my horses. The parent of one of our daughter's good friends in high school lives there and I frequently run into him on his morning walk. I love this area as it gives a good view of the snow-covered nearby San Jacinto mountains, but it doesn't often get snow itself. I love the pinyon trees and the yuccas that sprout up among them! That's My World for Tuesday, December 29, 2009.

3 comments:

Regina said...

Beautiful place! Great captures.
Cheers for the New Year!

Powell River Books said...

As a former California native I remember the region well. You pictures really capture the beauty of the high desert. I moved farther north, I invite you to come see my lake in BC. - Margy

Anonymous said...

one of the many reasons i love blogging is seeing my native state in all its glory through others eyes. lovely captures....
happy new year~ERIN