Header photo

I took this photo in the eastern Sierras, off Highway 395, at the Owens Gorge Road. I love those mailboxes and every time we travel to the Sierras, we drive by them just to see them!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Salton Sea, CA


Once in a while, on a really crisp, clear day, one can see all the way to the Salton Sea. Do you see it sticking out on the right hand side of the picture? From this point, it is about 50 miles away. My previous school used to be about 25 miles away from it. You can only get a glimpse of it from this highway, but I always look out to see it. The Coachella Valley is pockmarked by various green belts of agricultural land. I wish there were more vantage points from this highway, but there aren't. If you drive up Interstate 10 to Blythe, you get a good view of the valley looking back, so I'll have to drive out there someday and take some photos. I like the late afternoon shadows in this photo.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I'm too busy looking at the shadows in the foreground to look for the sea! And the shadow of the cloud adds another layer to the shadows of the hills themselves!
Thanks for sharing!